|ROCHESTOWN - ARDFINNAN|
Cross Erected By County Counsil In 1948 **
*There are 79 Small Stone Markers with No Incription on, and One (1) Stone Cross with No Inscription on.
1) I.H.S. Erected In Memory of Patrick Fitzgerald, Of Kilmalogue, Died 25th December 1911, Aged 82 Years. R.I.P.
2) There is a ston at the top of the grave, and at the bottom of the grave with a distance of 9 feet between.
3) R.N. I.H.S. Here Lyeth The Body Of Richard Nagle, Of Carraneallelly, Who Departed This Life May The 2nd 1746, Aged 44 Years. Also The Remains Of James Nagle, Who Departed Life September The 8th 1794, Aged 78 Years. Richard Nagle, Of Carranealielly Esq. Died September The 6th 1818, Aged 64 Years. Requisceant In Peace.
4) In Loving Memory Of William Egen, Loughloher Cahir, Died January 17th 1925, Aged 67 Years, Also His Son James, Died January 1907, Aged 3 Years. May They Rest In Peace.
5) I.H.S. Erected By John Cleary, In Memory Of His Father Thomas Cleary, Of Kilnabuller, Who Died August 8th 1819, Aged 58 Years. His Wife Catherine Cahil Died June 17th 1809 Aged 37 Years. His Brother William Cleary, Died December 20th 1827, Aged 52 Years. His Son James Cleary. Died March 22nd 1841, Aged 27 Years.
6) Thomas Laneigan, Of Rochestown, Died October The 29th 1821, Aged 70 Years. Erected By Dunbar Barton Esq.
7) To The Memory Of John Lonnergan, Of Rochestown, Who Died March 24th 1854, Aged 33 Years.
8) I.H.S. Here Lieth The Body Of James Mackey, Who Departed This Life June The 12th 1774, Aged 60 Years. The Lord Have Mercy On His Soul. Erected By John Mackey.
9) Gloria In Excelis Deo. I.H.S. Here Lieth The Body Of William O'Donnel, Who Departed This Life The 20th Of July 1793, Aged 36 Years. Also Of His Mother Ellen O'Donnel Alias Meagher. Erected By His Widow Mary O'Donnel. The Lord Have Mercy On Their Souls.
10) I.H.S. Here Lieth The Remains Of James Cahil And His Wife, He Died April 15th 1772, Aged 43 Years, She Died December 24th 1803, Aged 65 Years. Their Son John.
11) I.H.S. Gloria In Excelsis Deo. Erected To The Memory Of Catherine Cahill, Of Rusca, Wife Of Mr Phillip Lonergan, Of Kilcoinmon, Who Departed This Life 10th May 1828, Aged 63 Years Erected By Her Beloved Son James Lonergan. For Whom The Lord Loveth He Chastiseth and He Scourgeth. Ever Son Whom He Receiveth Him. Requiescant In Peace Amen
12) I.H.S. Memeorol Mori. Here Lieth The Body Of James Ceasey, Who Deceased February Ye 27th 1760, Aged 44 Years. This Stone Was Erected By His Affectionate Widow Wenney Tobin.
13) I.H.S. Here Lies The Body Of Thomas Lonnergan, Who Departed This Life The 1st Day Of March 1789, Aged 55 Years. Erected By His Beloved Wife Ellen Lonnergan Alias Bourke.
14) I.H.S. Gloria In Excelsis Deo. Here Lie The Body Of Mathew Ryan, Of Marlfield, Who Departed. This Life July 10th 1808, Aged 50 Years. Also His Wife Margaret Ryan Alias Duwney, Who Died October 5th 1822, Aged 52 Years.
15) I.H.S. In Memory Of Patrick Downey, Ballymacadan, Who Died December 20th 1859, Aged 40 Years. Also His Children, Hanora, Ellen And John. This Stone Is Erected By His Wife Ellen, Of Melbourned, Australia. Requiescant In Peace.
16) I.H.S. Sacred To The Memory Of Patrick Buckley, Of Ballymacadam, Late Of Youghal, Who Died July 22nd 1882, Aged 59 Years.
17) I.H.S. Erected By Michael O'Reilly, Of Clonmel, In Memory Of His Father John O'Reilly, Died June 7th 1868, Aged 56 Years. His Mother Mary O'Reilly, Died January 1st 1896, Aged 77 Years. Also His Son Mark, Died December 2nd 1900, Aged 20 Years. R.I.P.
18) Erected By Margaret Mara Alias Ryan, In Memory Of Her Husband John Mara, Of Knockeen, Who Died February 13th 1839, Aged 51 Years.
19) I.H.S. Gloria In Excelsis Deo. Here Lie The Body Of Edmond Mara Who Departed This Life August The 15th 1788, Aged 60 Years. Also His Son James Mara, Who Died August 3rd 1828, Aged 55 Years. Erected By His Wife Ellen Mara.
20) I.H.S. Gloria In Excelsis Deo. Here Lieth The Remains Of Maurice Walsh, Who Died September 2nd 1795, Aged 60 Years. Also His Wife Mary Walsh Alias Tommy, Died September 9th 1795, Aged 62 Years. Their Daughter Mary Walsh, Died November 2nd 1818, Aged 56 Years. Erected By Michael Walsh, Who Died 26th February 1828, Aged 48 Years Requiescant In Peace Amen.12) I.H.S. Memeorol Mori. Here Lieth The Body Of James Ceasey, Who Deceased February Ye 27th 1760, Aged 44 Years. This Stone Was Erected By His Affectionate Widow Wenney Tobin.