BANSHA - BANSHA Parish
Erected By Hetty Bailey(Alias Burke) In Memory Of Her Beloved Son Nathaniel
Bailey Spittle Died Dec 10th 1876 Aged 36 Yrs.
H.M. Baker Corps Of Royal Canadian Engineers 5th March 1942 Aged 21.
To The Beloved Memory Of Hugh Baker Of Lismacue Who Died 5th November 1868
Aged 70 Years Marion Baker His Wife Died 3rd July 1854 Aged 38 Years Hugh
Baker Their Son Died 9th July 1887 Aged 41 Years Mary Rachel Baker Their
Daughter Died In 1849 Aged 7 Years Elizabeth Baker Died 1st July 1867 Aged
65 Years Who Sleep In The Vault Beneth Until The Daybreak And Shadows Flee
Sacred To The Memory Of William Baker Exquire Of Lismacue Whos Mortal Remains
are Deposited In The Vault Beneath And To Whome A Monument Is Erected In
The Adjoining Church Elatis 48 Obiit Nov 27 AD 1815.
Sacred To The Memory Of Rev Benjamin Holford Bann.. 48 Years Rector Of
Bansha Who Died 14 September 1874 Aged 75 Yrs.
By Catherine Brane Of Dohallow In Memory Of Her Father In Law William Barane
Who Died July 11th 1838 Aged 60. And Also Her Beloved Husband Patrick Barane
Who Departed This Life Nov 6th 1817 Aged 48 Yrs Also Her Son Philip Barane
Carranmore Died 20 March 1891 Aged 48.
Lies The Body Of Mary Barlow Who Died 1747 Aged 29 Years.
In Sad And Loving Memory Of My Dear Husband Michael F Barron Bellevue Park
Cashel Who Died 16th April 1957 Margaret T Barron Died 17th Jan 1969.
In Loving Memory Of Edmond Barry Tubbercurry Co.Sligo Late Of Foxfort,
Bansha Died 8th August 1979 Joined By His Loving Wife Joan Barry Nee Walshe
Who Died 9th May 1993 United forever In Your Peace O Lord Jesus. Mary And
Joseph Grant Them Eternal Rest Amen.
In Loving Memory Of Michael Barry Ballymorris, Bansha Died 31st May 1986
Aged 31 Patrick Barry Died 20th May 1989 Aged 72.
Pray For The Souls Of Michael Barry Died 28th October 1936 His Wife Johanna
Died 15th Jan 1970 Stephen Barry Died 29th Oct 1980 John Barry Died March
Erected By Michael Berigan Of Monour In Memory Of His Beloved Father
William Berigan Who Departed This Life March 22 1863 Aged 70 Yrs Also His
Mother Catherine Berigan Nee Bourke Who Departed This Life April 22 1872
Aged 75 Years Nicholas Bergin Died March 1 1897 Elizabeth Bergin Died Sept
17 1932 Thomas Bergin Died May 2 1930 William Bergin Died March 19 1944
Mrs. Margaret Bergin Died March 26 1983 At Cappa, Bansha.
Here Lies The Body Of Thomas Bergin Who Departed This Life December 16th
1786 Aged 57 Yrs Also His Wife Judy Bergin Alias Connell Departed Feb 1st
1788 Aged 59 Years And Their Son John Bergin Died March 16 1801 Aged 29
Here Lies The Body Of Tim Birmigham Who Died May 27th 1755 Aged 58 Yrs.
Mrs Margaret Black Cappagh, Bansha Tipperary Died 2nd July 1995 Her Daughter
Margaret Ma..? Died 16th Feb 1961.
To the Memory Of William Black Of Cappagh Bansha Tipperary Who Died 24th
July 1938 Also His Wife Bridget Who Died 26th June 1947 And Their Daughter
Kathleen Who Died 29th Jan 1951.
To The Memory Of Jane Blackall Widow Of The Late Sir Thomas Blackall km
Of The City Of Dublin She Died She Died Feb 18th AD 1835 Aged 101 Years.
In Loving Memory Of Mrs Alice Blake Ballough Tipperary Died 8th March 1973
Aged 78 Yrs.
In Loving Memory Of Elizabeth Blake Barnlough Died 2.1.77
Here Lieth The Body Of Mary Boes Alias Moroney Who Departed This LIfe November
7th 1793 Aged 48 Yrs.
In Loving Memory Of Norman Cicil Boland Barnlough House, Bansha Died 28
August 1985 Aged 80 Years His Loving Wife Angela Died 10 July 1993 Aged
23) Sacred To The Memory Of My Beloved Husband Bernard (Berney) Bourke
Ardane, Bansha Died 21st February 1937 His Father Matthew Bourke His Mother
Catherine Bourke His Brother Rick Bourke And His Sisters Mary, Helen &
Catherine Erected By His Wife ................
24) ... In Memory Of Edmond Bourke Who Departed Life Aged 56 Yrs And
Also His Brother Thomas Bourke Who Departed Life Nov 1st 1831 Aged 50 Yrs.
25) In Loving Memory Of Frank Bourke Currana Died 26th December 1973
26) Erected By Michael John Bourke Of Lisnagual To The Memory Of His
Beloved Daughter Jane Who Departed This Life March 30th 1834 Aged 18 Years.
27) Erected In Memory Of John Bourke Of Clashoquirk Who Died September
12th 1841 Aged 37 Yrs Also Nathaniel Bourke Of Booleen Who Died May 9th
1849 Aged 74 Years.
28) Here Lie The Remains Of John Bourke Of Lisnagaule Who Departed
This Life Jan 5th 1786 Aged 49 Yrs.
29) In Loving Memory Of Our Dear Parents Nora Butler Died Dec 23 1946
Jeremiah Butler Died Jan 30 ..???
30) In Loving Memory Of Richard Bourke Died 21st July 1921 His Son
Richard Bourke Died 10th December 1922 Michael Bourke Died 29 July 1968.
31) Here Lieth The Body Of Theobald Bourke Of Ardane Who Departed This
Life Nov 11th 1808 Aged 47 Yrs.
32) In Loving Memory Of Tobias Bourke Ressadrehid, Bansha Died 9 April
1979 His Wife Margaret Died 15 August 1979 Daniel Bourke Died 28 Dec 1981
Mary Bourke Died 15th October 1992
33) Here Lies The Body Of J. Bourke Son To Thomas Bourk Son To Thomas
Bourk Of Donohill Who Died July 8th 1788.
34) In Loving Memory Of John Bourke Newtown, Aherlow Died Feb 6th 1975
35) Erected By James Bourke Of Ardane In Memory Of His Son Nathanial
Bourke Who Died April 16th 1872 Aged 27 Years.
36) Sacred To the Memory Of Nathaniel Bourke Deceased Nov 28th 1810
Aged 67 Years.
37) Erected By Anstis Garven Alias Bourke In Memory Of Her Father Patrick
Bourke Of Rathdarby Who Departed Thursday March 26th 1840 Aged 86 Also
His Son Patrick Bourke Who Departed This LIfe May 24th 1830
38) Erected By Patrick Bourke In Memory Of His Beloved Father Patrick
Bourke Bansha West Who Died February 2nd 1879 AGed 75 Yrs Also His Uncle
John Bourke Who Died February 26th 1868 Aged 58 Yrs And His Beloved Mother
Catherine Bourke Who Died April 5th 1887 Aged 68 Yrs.
39) In Loving Memory Of Richard Bourke Ashgrove Died 18th June 1962.
40) Erected By Mary Bourke In Memory Of her Beloved Husband Richard
Bourke Of Rossadrihed Who Departed This Life June The 18th 1815 Aged 60
41) In Loving Memory Of Richard Bourke Died 21st July 1921 His Son
Richard Bourke Died 10th December 1922 Michael Bourke Died 29 July 1968
42) Here Lieth The body Of Theobald Bourke Of Ardane Who Departed This
Life Nov 11th 1808 Aged 47 Yrs.
43) In Loving Memory Of Tobias Bourke Rossadrehid, Bansha Died 9 April
1979 His Wife Margaret Died 15 August 1979 Daniel Bourke Died 28 Dec 1981
Mary Bourke Died 15th October 1992.
44) Erected By The Widow Bourke Of Tipperary In Memory Of Her Beloved
Husband William Bourke Who Departed This Life May 18th 1822 Aged 50 Yrs.
45) Erected By Patrick Bowes Of Tipperary In Memory Of His Father Denis
Bowes Who Died October 15 1849 Aged 48 Years Also Daughter Mary Bowes Died
October 23 1867 Aged 16 Mths Also His Son Patrick Bowes Died October 17th
1869 Aged 15 Months.
46) In Loving Memory Of A Wonderful Husband And Father William (Billy)
Breen Coolgurth, Bansha Who Died 15th Sept 1995 Aged 59 Years.
47) Very Rev PJ Brennan PP Died 17th May 1961
48) In Loving Memory Of Edmond Bresnan Brownbog Died 26th May 1964
Aged 68 Years His Wife Mary (Nee Bourke) Died 6th May 1984 Aged 85 Yrs
Died 23rd Jan 1978 Their Son In Law James Egan Died 31st Dec 1992 Aged
49) In Loving Memory Of Ellen Burke Nee Doran College Late Of Ardane,
Bansha Died 6-12-1962 Aged 85 Her Husband James Died 24-12-1950 Aged 71
Interred In Adjoining Cemetery
50) Erected By Thomas Burke Of Ballydavid In Memory Of His Father John
Bourke Died December 6th 1838 Aged 69 Years And his Mother Margaret Burke
Died Aug 10th 1845 Aged 80 Years And His Daughter Ellen Died May 10th 1872
Aged 19 Years.
51) In Loving Memory Of Josephine Burke Clashoqurke, Bansha Died 6th
July 1981 Her Husband William Died 10th June 1963 Interred In Adjoining
52) Erected By Bernard Burk Ardand In Memory Of His Father Matthew
Burk Died 13 April 1860 Aged 55 Years Also His Brother Richard Burk Died
15 November 1870 Aged 29 Years Also His Mother Catherine Burk Died 15 August
1882 Aged 64 Years
53) In Loving Memory Of William Burke College, Bansha Died 17th October
1984 Aged 84 Yrs.
54) In Loving Memory Of Margaret Butler Main St. Bansha Died 13 April
1975 Aged 94 Yrs Her Son James Died 14 February 1979 Aged 61 Yrs Their
Son In Law Patrick Hennessy Late Of Lisvernane Died 21st Feb 1986 Aged
55) Treasured Memories Of Our Dear Son Mark Bresnan Who Died 27th Oct
1989 Aged 7 1/2 Years.
56) In Loving Memory Of Michael (Dan) Bresnan Cluen, Bansha Died 27th
Feb 1984 Aged 82 Years His Wife Bridget Bresnan Died 2nd May 1980 Interred
57) In Loving Memory Of My Dear Wife Josephine Brett Lisnaqaulle Died
15th March 1955 James Brett Died 7th June 1968 Aged 86.
58) Erected By Jim Thy Brien Of Thomastown In Memory Of His Brother
Michael Brien Who Departed Life July 15th 1839 Aged 26 Yrs Also His Father
Michael Bri.. Who Departed Life Jan 11th 1841 Aged 55 Year.
59) Brown 1863.
60) Here Lies The Body Of Mary Brown Who Departed This LIfe 1751 Aged
61) Here Lies The Body Of William Bryan Of Ballyvarane Who Departed
This Life November 17th 1779 Aged 55 Yrs Also His Son Daniel Bryan Of Rusadriad
Who Died July 27th 1811.
62) In Loving Memory Of Edmond Burke Ballydavid, Bansha Died 4th April
1969 His Wife Ellen
63) In Loving Memory Of our Dear Parents Nora Butler Died Dec 23 1946
Jeremiah Butler Died Jan 30 1974
64) In Loving Memory Of Pierce Butler Main St.Bansha Died 2nd May 1959
Aged 87 Yrs His Son Pierce Butler Died 16th Oct 1926 Aged 11 Yrs
65) Erected By John Butler In Memory Of His Father Thomas Butler Who
Departed This Life Dec 24th 1811 Aged 52 Years Also His Wife Catherine
Butler Died Dec 16th 1811 Aged 40 Years His Son Thomas Butler Died May
1840 Aged 13 Months.
66) In Loving Memory Of Thomas Butler Died 24th May 1980 His Wife Mary
Died 20th June 1992
67) In Loving Memory Of Tom Butler Main St.Bansha Who Died 25 Oct 1977
Aged 63 Years His Wife Nora Died 6th Jan 1984 Aged 64 Years.
68) Erected By John Butler Of Ballough In Memory Of His Brother William
Butler Who Departed This Life March 1842 Aged 33 Yrs.
69) Sacred To the Memory Of Very Rev J.Canon Byrne P.P. Bansha Who
Died 11th April 1946 In The 88th Year Of His Age and 63rd Of His Sacred
Ministry, Forty One Years Of Which He Spent In The United Parishes Of Bansha
70) In Loving Memory Of Nuala Byrnes Nee Purcell Collagh, Bansha Died
11th Nov 1989
71) In Loving Memory Of Michael Byron College Died February 19 1973
Anne Byron died November 10 1979
72) In Memory Of Rev. William Byron Who Was Born 1857 Ordained Priest
1883 Died 1889
73) Here Lies The Body Of John Carew Of Corrougbeg Who Died March 18th
1826 Aged 76 Yrs
74) Pray For The Souls Of John Carroll Ashgrove, Bansha Died 30th Dec
1962 His Wife Ellen Carroll Died 20th Dec 1964 Their Son Thomas Carroll
Died 13th June 1990
75) Sacred Heart Of Jesus Have Mercy On The Soul Of Joseph Carroll
Ardane Died 24 Sept 1972
76) In Loving Memory Of Mary Carroll Ashgrove, Bansha Died 21st May
77) Here Lieth The Remains Of Stephen Carroll Of Tipperary Who Departed
This LIfe October 24th 1836 Aged 84 Years.
78) God Be Merciful To The Soul Of Timothy Carroll Who Died April 17th
1760 Aged 75 Yrs Also His Wife Judey O Conner Who Died Feb 3rd 1772 Aged
79) Erected By William Casey In Memory Of His Father John Casey Of
Fanagown Who Departed This Life May 1st 1821 Aged 75 Years Also His Two
Sons Thomas And Patrick Casey Who Departed This LIfe January 1st 1800
80) In Loving Memory Of Richard Casey Foxfort Died 14th June 1963 Aged
67 Years His Wife Jane Nee Grogan Died 7th May 1980 Aged 82 Years And Sean
O Grogan Died 24th Sept 1967 Aged 88 Years Also Nora O Brien Gortnafurra,
Aherlow Died 17th March 1968 Aged 79 Years.
81) Here Lieth The Body Of Mary Cleary Alias (Quirt?) Who Died May
19th 1749 Aged 24 Years.
82) In Loving Memory Of Mary Cleary Brownbog Died 20th September 1971
Her Husband Walter Died 20th May 1943 Interred At Tipperary Their Son Wlater
Died 17th March 1990.
83) In Loving Memory Of Michael Cleary Foxfort Died 4 Nov 1973
84) In Cherished Memory Of John Cleary Deerpark, Kilfeacle Died 26th
85) In Loving Memory Of Thomas Cleary Main St. Bansha Died 28th July
1983 His Wife Mary Died 3rd Nov 1983
86) Jim Coates Ballough And Dublin Died 24th September 1982
87) In Loving Memory Of Samuel George Colhoun Died 2 February 1997
Aged 67 Years
88) In Lovng Memory Of Michael Collins Ballydrehid, Cahir Died 20th
April 1974 Aged 68
89) O God Be Merciful To The Soul Of Edmund Connell Who Departed This
Life December 25th 1760 Aged 73 Yrs.
90) Erected By William Connell In Memory Of His Father James Connell
Of Brownbog Who Departed This Life Jan 4th 1840 Aged 101 Yrs Also His Mother
Julian Connell Who Departed This Life March 15th 1816 Aged 75 Yrs May Their
Souls RIP Amen.
91) Here Lies John Conners Who Died 30th June 1744 Aged 84 Years.
92) Erected By Michael Conners Of Banchea In Memory Of His Father Matthew
Conners Who Departed This Life May 15 1783 Aged 63 Yrs Also His Daughter
Hanorah Conners Who Departed Sept 29th 1818 Aged 14 Yrs
93) Here Lies The Body Of Mrs Roberta Connery Of Ashgrove Who Departed
Life Jan 6th 1801 Aged 35 Years.
94) In Loving Memory Of Jeremiah Connors Dromomarka, Bansha Deid 5th
June 1973 Aged 53 Years
95) Erected By William Conway In Memory Of His Mother Ellen Conway
Of Stonepark Who Died Aug 11 1890 Aged 60 Yrs
96) Pray For Fr.William Corcoran Died 18th Dec 1957 Aged 83 Years
97) Erected By Mary O Sullivan In Memory Of her Father Matthew ....?
And Her Brother Michael Her Son In Law John O Sullivan Bansha Died 22nd
98) Sweet Jesus Have Mercy On The Souls Of Michael J. Cox N.T. Ballycarron
Who Died At Ballygorteen 3rd April 1962 And His Daughter Patricia Who Died
25th Jan 1961 His Wife Mary Died 25th May 1978
99) Erected By Hanora Crean Of Bansha In Memory Of Her Beloved Husband
John Crean Who Departed This Life March 5th 1857 Aged 39 Yrs
100) Sacred To The Memory Of William Croke Cappauniak Died 19th October
1910 His Wife Mary Croke Nee Keating Died 17th Sept 1950 His Son Patrick
Croke Died 13th Feb 1923 His Daughter Alice O'Halloran Died 30th May 1923
101) Erected By Edmund Crowe Of Bolough In Memory Of His Father James
Crowe Died 29th August 1887 Aged 104 Years Also His Daughters Alice Died
15th Nov 1881 Aged 7 Years And Catherine Died 15th Nov 1881 Aged 20 Years.
102) Sacred To The Memory Of Charles Cullnan Bansha Who Died June 27th
1872 Aged 48 Years And His Wife Catherine (Nee Walshe) Who Died July 8th
1882 Aged 56 Years.
103) Erected By Patrick Cummins In Memory Of His Father William Cummins
Of Curdangan Who Departed This Life March 7th 1815 Aged 95 Yrs Also His
Wife Mary Cummins Departed Nov 15th 1820 Aged 82 Yrs
104) In Loving Of Joseph Curran Raheen Died 30th August 1980 Aged 75
Years Catherine Curran Died 10th August 1991 Aged 79 Years
105) Erected By Frances Dushen Of Rosbog In Memory Of His Son Patrick
Cushen Who Died Sept 28th 1821 Aged 22 Years.
106) Erected By John Cussen In Memory Of His Father James Cussen Brokencaher
Who Died Nov 1st 1822 Aged 60 Yrs Also His Wife Mary Cussen Alias Conis
Who Died May 15th 1826 Aged 55 Yrs
107) Here Lieth The Body Of Pat Cussen Deceased July 27th 1765
Aged 77 Also The Body Of His Wife Bulian Quirk Deceased 1768 AGed 75
108) In Loving Memory Of William Cussen Rossbog Died Nov 11 1922 His
Wife Alice Died June 17 1968 Their Son Frank Died April 15th 1978
109) In Loving Memory Of ...? Ryan Daughter To John Ryan Of Dromomarky
Who Died February 9th 1757 Aged 5 Yrs
111) In Loving Memory Of Elizabeth Dalton (Nee Burke) "Longstream"
Ballymorris Died 17th March 1978 Aged 70 Yrs Her Husband Michael Dalton
Late Of Tankerstown, Bansha Died 19th March 1987 Aged 93 Yrs.
112) In Loving Memory Of William Dalton Kilshane Died 24 June 1972
His Wife Elizabeth Died 24 May 1987 Mary Riordan Died 2 July 1972
113) In Loving Memory Of Charles Daly Bansha Died 2oth October 1971
Aged 74 Years His Brother John Died 19th October 1974 Their Brother Joe
Died 18th September 1981 Their Sister Kitty Died 11th September 1982 Their
Sister Alice Died 8th August 1986
114) Erected By James Daly Ardane In Memory Of His Wife Hanora Daly
Nee Keating Died October 22nd 1911 Aged 80 Years.
115) Margaret Daly Foxfort Died September 18th 1967
116) In Lovng Memory Of John Darcy Dranganmore Died 18th Nov 1961 His
Son Anthony Died 11th October 1979 Aged 27 yrs His Wife Alice Darcy Nee
Byron Died 16th May 1984 Aged 70 Yrs His Infant Daughter.
I want to thank my "Anonymous" source
for all the help with this Cemetery.